Tuesday, August 4, 2015

It’s not about what you eat - It’s about what’s eating you!



The next time you are feeling fat or feeling as if you always make the wrong food choices, ask yourself these 10 questions:

  • What’s really going on that I want to distract myself from?
  • What am I thinking about that’s bothersome?
  • What is truly troubling me?
  • What is the truth about my life right now?
  • Where is sweetness missing from my life?
  • Where is the genuine suffering in my life?
  • With what am I honestly not satisfied?
  • Where do I legitimately feel too much pressure?
  • Is there any unfinished business that needs finishing?
  • What do I really need right now?
After more than twenty years helping people address their food and weight issues, I have learned that is in fact rarely about the food.  Most often it is about some part of the person’s life that needs attention. Focusing on food is an excellent way to distract oneself from the tough stuff that life presents. As I have heard it said many times before – life is hard but food is easy! Address what is really going in your life and you may find that you eat less.

Until next time,

Dr. Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment