Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Positive Self-Talk to Help You Look and Feel Better


There is a field of psychology known as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. CBT, as it is commonly referred to, provides helpful tools and techniques to alleviate many of our major emotional ailments. Among the principles of CBT is the idea that our thoughts cause our distress so if we can change our thoughts we can change how we feel. Using positive self-talk can help you feel better about yourself, your life and your future. You can also use positive self-talk to change your relationship with food. Sometimes referred to as affirmations, positive statements repeated to yourself can change the way you think. Give it a try. Below are 5 positive statements you can use to begin thinking differently about your body, your food and your emotions. If you don’t like these, or they don’t suit your needs, make up new ones. Then throughout the day for the next 7 days repeat these statements to yourself as often as you can. Your mind will thank you for it!

1.       I always eat based on my physical hunger.

2.       I always deal with my emotions directly.

3.        I stop eating when I am physically full.

4.       I take excellent care of my body.

5.        My body looks and feels great.

Until next time,
              Dr. Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment