Monday, April 6, 2015

Welcome to my blog!


Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm Dr. Sheila Forman. I am a clinical psychologist specializing in helping people eliminate the emotional obstacles that prevent them from achieving their ideal weight. I have a private psychotherapy practice in Santa Monica, California and I do coaching with clients all over the world. To get started on your journey to ending emotional overeating, you may enjoy my checking out my books.

The Best Diet Begins in Your Mind – Eliminate the Eight Emotional Obstacles to Permanent Weight Loss, is my most recent book. It is a crash course in identifying eight emotions that may lead to you overeat and what to do about them.

Do You Use Food to Cope? A Comprehensive 15- Week Program for Overcoming Emotional Overeating  is a week-by-week approach to understanding your relationship between food and emotions and how to heal it.

Lastly, in Self-fullness: The Art of Loving and Caring for Your ‘Self"’ you will learn how to build your sense of self-worth and self-esteem by making it okay to put yourself first without feeling guilty. There is a chapter on eating in this book too.

All my books are available on amazon.com.

If you choose to read my books please tell me what you think about them. Also let me know if I missed something you are interested in learning about. I'm working on my next book so I will keep your ideas in mind and I will be updating this blog regularly with ideas, tips and suggestions to help you overcome emotional overeating and create the life you  want.

Until next time,

Dr. Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment